Friday 16 October 2015

Schnitzel & Boo

I got a quilt top finished, taped the backing down to the floor for basting, got my layers all done and then realised that the backing was about two inches too narrow for my quilt top. I stared at it for a while, convinced that was all it would take to make it fit. It didn't. Shame!

So I got it all off the floor and ignored it. (I still have some time before the deadline so it is not an emergency - yet.) Instead I picked up the mini quilt top I made for the Schnitzel & Boo Mini Quilt Swap on IG. I had a big enough piece of backing for this at least. So I basted and now I am quilting.


I started with some teeny tiny fmq in the centre star.


Then I added some pebbling, matchstick and stippling.


Now I'm adding some perle cotton. Sure hope my partner like this. Because I'm not picking it out if she doesn't. Just saying.

Susan

4 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! If your partner doesn't like it (and how could she not?!) then send it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that stitching is teeny tiny!! Love the perle stitches. Hope the backing grows while you ignore it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the addition of the perle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.