It is not a promising report I am afraid. The summer started incredibly busy with the end of the school year. I got little done during the actual holidays, and then I aimed to make September my catch up month. Instead I decided to spend that time with the NHS keeping Emily company.
Usually I feel like a failure when I see what I haven't completed on my list but, quite honestly, right now I am so tired and caught up in the important family stuff that I made what I made and I am happy with that. No excuses, no nothing. It is what it is.
1. Finish the Birdies Quilt. Fail! But I did get more done and piecing it is a b***h I have to say. I have enough birds for another birdie quilt if I am so inclined but I am going to think of a more sensible way of doing it next time. That being said, I really like the higgledy piggledy layout that I have come up with so far.
2. Finish the Sew Stitchy quilt. Success! Love it and it is finally on its way to where it belongs, very belated posting as per normal for me.
3. Finish the French Knots from Hell hoop. Fail! And I do not give a fig if I ever finish it. Enough said on this matter.
4. Turn my Diamond Hexies into a cushion. Fail! But it is still out in the open to remind me, not buried and ignored. I do - honestly! - want to get this done.
5. Turn some rainbow hexies into a cushion. Success! My modest pile of hexies three months ago became the cushion that I sent to Kat. Which she loves, thank goodness.
6. Turn my rainbow charms into something, anything. Fail! Let's not even go there. I didn't give them a thought in the whole three months.
7. Make my HR Fan Club quilt. Fail! Time was not on my side here. It will happen, one day. For now I will leave you with another look at yesterday's block just so you know little bits of my HR collection do get used. on occasion.
8 Combine my hexie project with my rainbow charm project. Fail! Yeah, that was just
Lest I look totally pathetic, I shall show you some of what I did accomplish. Bee blocks -
There are other bee blocks but some are of the secret kind, and then there was the I forgot to take a photo kind as well.
Additionally, there were the unplanned for items that slipped into the making schedule.
Let's not forget the party of the year.
And then there was a bit of family fun as well.
And that brings my FAL3Q report to a finish. Two finishes is better than none, and more than I expected. Success!