Monday 4 July 2011

How to Spend a Morning

There is not a lot to report on a day when you spend the morning drinking tea and chatting to a good friend. It makes for one hell of a nice morning, and I certainly wouldn't have preferred to be home 'accomplishing' things. Sitting and catching up should never be thought of as a frivolous activity. It is a very necessary one and good for the soul.

When I was home I cut fabric. I trawled through my stash and cut lots and lots of 5" wide strips from all the bits and pieces that I could. It takes a long time to cut up smaller pieces of fabric until you have this -


I then proceeded to sew them together into a long wide strip and managed to get enough done to create one side of the wonky star top's border. Now that it is on I am having second thoughts about this idea, but can't come up with anything better and, honestly, I have a lot of five inch wide strips sitting on the table that need to be used so I am probably going to go with it anyway. I think once it is all together and quilted it will look good (she says with fingers crossed).



The weather report is not so good for the rest of the week. It is supposed to be the girls' Sports Day tomorrow. I hope that the rain  holds off and it goes ahead as they have so much on right now that I seem to be spending more time at the school than away. If it rains tomorrow then you have to keep seeing what the weather does and what day they can hold it. Besides it would ruin my plans for Wednesday if there is a postponement and I really, really want to go see my friend then, so everything in me is wishing for a reasonable enough day for the kids to do their sports thing.

Seeing as the sun is shining now, and it might not for a few days (if BBC was actually right this time) then I think I had better go out and inspect the potatoes and tomatoes and pull a weed or two in the sunshine. Enough sewing. Fresh air required.

Susan

12 comments:

  1. From the small section I can see, I think it's going to work really well...

    nah, it's not going to rain this week, it's lovely weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that border - keep going! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should keep going too! It looks gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its going to be a great border, the pile of cut fabric is yummy! Hope the weather holds ok for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea, I'm sure it'll look great when it's all done :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep the border - looks great.
    Not sure where you are in Northamptonshire, but according to the weather forecast that I look at (foreca.com) it's going to be sunny and 23ish until 7 pm. I keep looking at different ones until I find one I like! (Raining on Wednesday though)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am liking the border - keep going! As for the weather, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also like the border (and I'm so pleased your machine got fixed!) - looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fingers crossed for tomorrows weather! That border is going to look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stack of cut fabric just gave my heart a thrill. It looks so yummy waiting to be made into something fabulous!

    The border is going to look wonderful.

    Here's hoping the BBC didnt get it right and you're in for sunshine and clear skies for sports day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your strippy border is going to be great - stick with it Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your strippy boarder will be fab. It will pull the whole quilt together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.