Friday 8 April 2011

The Holidays Begin

It is like summertime outside here. Almost 20C in our back garden - and for those of you who get summers hotter than that, well this is England. 20C is really, really good. The girls are in shorts. They have been outside for most of the day. And their best friend from the Isle of Wight is here for a visit. Life doesn't get much better than that.

Actually, it does. Because John just took us all out for lunch. I didn't even have to cater to the crowds. Woohoo!

Posing for England!
I am so relaxed I am almost horizontal. I am not sure if I will be able to say the same in eighteen days time when the holidays are drawing to an end. But right now I am loving it. We've made some chocolate cupcakes. I supervised and offered helpful hints - and cleaned up! There are things I could be doing. Maybe should be doing. But I'm not.

I did tidy up my fabrics from my recent endeavours and that got me thinking about these -


Mostly two inch strips and leftover from the fussy cuts quilt top. So I cut some two inch squares and had a play. So far I have accomplished this -


It is my first attempt at wonky stars. As per usual I am just winging it and trying to figure it out as I go along. Could be better. Could be worse! There are more little squares to play with but I think I am expected to produce a dinner tonight. And there will be Brownies to take the girls to. I don't think that will raise the stress levels at all. Nah, think I will stay this mellow. I like it.

Finally, a look at my Christmas cactus which has sprung into unseasonable but appreciated life -


Wherever you are, hope that your day is as good as mine.

Susan

2 comments:

  1. So happy you are having a great day with your family Susan - make hay while the sun shines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about 20C - was/is here today too. I hope this isn't summer come early and that it'll be gone by next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.