Tuesday 5 April 2011

And Today's Lesson Would Be?

Today's lesson for yours truly would be this. I need to listen to my inner critic. She is loud and she is clear so my ability to ignore her and beaver on like the little fool that I am just causes me a lot more work in the long run. When the inner critic says, 'Okay, it was an idea. But it really isn't working out very well after all,' I need to listen!

Then I wouldn't put lots more work into this -


Which is now going to lead to lots of time spent with this little doohickey -


I am too stubborn for my own good. The inner critic was virtually screaming at me that it wasn't looking good. It was not working the way I wanted it to. But it was my idea and I was going to stick to it. Yeah, that's me, the fool. Because when I eventually finished piecing the entire quilt top today and laid it out for the final time I realised that critic of mine was so right. What I have done sucks. It is so mind boggling bad that I am not going to take a picture of it because I would be able to hear the laughter without the aid of electronic equipment.  So yards of stitching to pull out before I can try again, a different way, to piece together the simple blocks I made.

I am not going to do it tonight. I would rather roll balls of wool. That about sums it up.

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Susan - no mistakes just irritating lessons learned. My stitch ripper is my best buddy but I know it is so discouraging to have to face lots of unpicking. But if you're really not happy and hour or two unpicking will be worth it in the end. Is that enough platitudes for you? Take another look before you unpick, maybe it will look better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.